Monday 19 November 2012

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

The very first time I picked up a camera was back in 1996. I borrowed a cheap plastic point and shoot film camera for my grade 8 grad trip. A few clicks of friends later, I thought to myself, hey, why not take some “artistic” photos. I remember one particular scene the most - a tree with bare branches reaching over the edges of a dreary looking river with hundreds of rocks obstructing the water flow. Although I was only a beginner, I was very proud of that shot and I started to see how much fun it was to compose and take pictures. Sadly, I somehow misplaced that camera and consequently, it took about 7 years for photography and I to cross paths again.
At that point, the internet had become the norm. One day I was browsing the world wide web when I randomly came across someone’s personal website titled “58mm”. He described how certain filters were able to enhance images beyond the capabilities of the naked eye. I was very intrigued by this concept and spent the next hour analyzing each of his photos. As I gazed at his beautiful and inspiring work, the colours seemed to pop in a way I hadn’t noticed before. My eyes were opened, if you will. Shortly after, I came to the realization that it was about time I owned my own camera… not just any camera, but a good one!

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

Fj Forums

No comments:

Post a Comment